Saturday, June 7, 2008

Update on Bella (see previous post)

This morning I took Bella to the pediatrician, he said she does seem to be having some respiratory irritation (slight wheezing) and we are going to do some breathing treatments, he doesn't see any signs of infection, so no antibiotics and she's not contagious. He was concerned about the gagging and sent us back to Kingwood Hospital to get chest x-rays. This was mostly precautionary, while she is not her usual happy self, but certainly isn't seriously ill either. He told me my motherly instincts were good - that it is always best to check out the throat and lungs if a child this age is gagging and choking - things most commonly aspirated/swallowed are legos, coins and cockroaches (EW! No I mean really. EWWWW!). The x-ray technician "broke the rules" and told me that he himself didn't see anything on her x-rays but of course we will wait until the Dr. calls us back to be sure. Bella was a little trooper through all of this, only crying a bit when we had to tilt her chin back to get a good shot of her throat.

No comments:


View My Stats