Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hello from Destin, Florida

I am not very good about blogging our vacations, I get overwhelmed by all the pictures and trying to write out what we did. Then so much time passes that it gets ridiculous so I just don't do it. This time we're in a place with wireless so I'll try blogging as we go.
We arrived in Destin Saturday evening. It is meant to be a 9 hour drive but we had bad weather in Slidell and really slow service at the Chili's in Biloxi, so it was closer to 12 hours for us. The kids did great though and the bigger car and DVD player were a blessing.
Once I saw our condo, and the views and the beach and pool, I realized it was so worth the drive to get here.
We are vacationing with another family that has kids the same ages as ours - plus they have one
more on the way :) The kids have had a great time, the condo has three bedrooms and three bathrooms so there is plenty of space. We have been to the beach or pool or both every day. We planned out meals and went to the store so it has been very relaxing, just cooking in at home without the hassle and expense of eating out every meal with four kids.
I don't have a ton of beach pictures yet, the first day I left my camera and I've just been enjoying myself and Bella is so very brave and fearless that it is a very full time job watching her at the beach! The picture below is funny because of what isn't in it, I had to crop out a lady off to the side who was, um, lets just say very comfortable in her skin :)
Bella is the youngest child of the bunch, she likes to get into the older kids toys, such as green markers! (This happened on Daddy's watch!) She totally looks like me in this picture, I think.
The views... I have spent HOURS on this balcony, curled up with a book while the kids nap each afternoon.
Ramsey and Jacob Got to love the goggles!
We don't really have an agenda, we just get up each day and discuss over coffee what we feel like doing. Sunday and Monday we went to the beach and pool. Today we drove over to an area called Seaside which has a lot of fancy houses, galleries and shops. We poked around and ate lunch then came home for naps. I sat on the balcony and read for an hour and a half straight, completely uninterrupted (This never happens!) Then we had a swim while a casserole cooked in the oven.
Still, I have had some hard decisions to make lately -
Hot dog or hamburger?
Beach or Pool?
Coke or Dr. Pepper?
Long nap or reading?
Ice cream or snow cones?
This is the life!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

SO jealous! Sounds and looks absolutely lovely. I'm so glad ya'll have had such a wonderful, relaxing time!!! Isn't Destin addicting? Seriously, I think I could go once a year, no problem :)


View My Stats