Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lincoln Logs Update

I still haven't decided exactly what to do about the messed up Lincoln Logs. It just happened that earlier this week I scanned through Kingwood Yard Sales.com and found a big set of Lincoln Logs for just $3! I went to pick them up and the Mom selling them was so nice, she was proud that out of 153 pieces she still had 147 after 4 kids! A HUGE accomplishment I think! And they are in perfect, clean condition. When someone is so nice and you find such a great deal and basically God just steps in and makes everything right, then it is hard to hold on to a bad attitude. I may let the guy off the hook, maybe. But then I don't want him to scam anyone again, so I have to keep thinking about it a little more. I also did some research and found out that one part of the junk set I got isn't so junky after all, they are what is called American Logs, and are older and more collectible that Lincoln Logs. Of course they aren't compatible with Lincoln Logs so I may just list them on ebay, but I at least feel better knowing I got something of some value, even if it wasn't what I thought I was getting. Eh. So I know I have gone on and on to friends and family way past the point of anyone's interest about Lincoln Logs. It is like getting married or having a baby, other people can only take so much! My co-worker looked at me and said "You do realize they just sell them at Target right?" - not everyone understands the thrill of the hunt or my inordinate refusal to pay full price for anything if I don't have to do so.

No comments:


View My Stats