Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Make a Wish!

Bella’s big party day was really fun. It was an Ariel theme which I thought was appropriate for a swim party. This also made the decorating and invitations very simple. At 4 we met up with our guests down at the community pool. We swam, played, and visited. At 6 we had a picnic under the pavilion. 

Our menu included fruit, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, beans and goldfish crackers. I made shortbread cookies in the shape of sea shells, sea horses and starfish and decorated them with sparkling sugar. We also served pink lemonade.

08.201000000067

 08.201000000066

I made 4 dozen cupcakes and colored the icing in pink, blue and purple and decorated them with Ariel and Flounder cupcake picks.  Half were strawberry cake and the other half yellow. Oh my goodness, I had forgotten about strawberry cake, it was so good, I have had way too many!    (The entire cake ingredients, icing, and picks was about $10 and only that high because I had to buy icing colors I’m building up quite a stash – Wilton rocks)

Party favors – beach balls and fruit snacks, Ariel for girls, Toy Story for the boys. (In case anyone doesn’t already know, Dollar Tree has every type of licensed Disney toy and party favor imaginable! Total for party favors including the bags and fruit snacks $10 for 8 and the kids loved it)

08.201000000065

PRESENTS! Thank you everybody – she LOVED all her gifts!

08.201000000070 08.201000000079

Will’s Mom made a beautiful centerpiece with Ariel in a scalloped sea shell vase filled with shells and water plants – it was so gorgeous! Sadly I think Bella thought it was like the sand table at her daycare – she pretty much trashed it by messing with all the shells, but she loved it and that is what counts!

After the cake and presents the kids all ran around and played hide and seek in the park by the pavilion and the parents visited. It was a really fun party and turned out even better than I had imaged!

 IMGP5997IMGP5998  IMGP6001 IMGP6002  IMGP6004

IMGP6084

The really awesome pictures are from my Mom’s camera – oooh I love this one of Jacob, great shot Mom!

IMGP6085

08.201000000035

No comments:


View My Stats