Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All About Bella

Bella is a girly girl, but she’s also sort of a rough and tumble girl. She prefers to dress in pink from head to toe but will run and tumble and play rough with Jacob. Bella has a twinkle in her eye and knows what she wants.  I’ll be honest, if I had to wonder which kid will be a handful as a teenager, it would be my daughter, but no worries, there’s lots of time for prayer and parenting between now and then!

This is Bella at my Aunt and Uncle’s house in San Antonio.  She decided to eat from garden, turns out she ate tiny red peppers.  She had to drink a lot of milk and hold ice on her tongue and lips.  It was quite pathetic and sad!  Later I asked her what she thought they would taste like – “Blueberry pie” she said mournfully.

11.201000000098

 

This is Bella at her ballet dance recital dress rehearsal.  Her grandparents couldn’t come to the actual recital, so they came to the rehearsal. Too bad, Bella decided not to dance that day. See the line of girls on the left and then the pile of tutu on the far right? That’s my girl!

And below, a close up of Bella not dancing.

12.201000000005

12.201000000006By the day of the actual recital, we really had no idea what she would do. She practiced in class, she practiced at home, but would she actually dance at the recital? 

These were taken in the little pre-show dressing area. She did not want me taking pictures.!

 12.201000000030 - Copy12.201000000027 - Copy12.201000000032

We were thrilled when she danced her little heart out! She danced just great through both routines!

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree

12.20100000004012.201000000043

Tip Toe Teddy Bear

12.20100000005512.201000000058

At the end she said really loud “See Mommy I didn’t lay down!” and everyone laughed. Of course there is video but it was done on the real video camera and so I need to load it up. 

Bella has ZERO interest in having her picture taken after the recital, even though they had a really nice picture taking area all set up.  Of course the picture taking area was set up AFTER the cookie eating area, which was a tactical mistake in my opinion.

12.201000000077

12.201000000024

Bella is a joy, she is full of life and laughter.  She loves to be scared, her favorite movies are scary! (Scooby Doo Where’s My Mummy and Disney’s The Princess and the Frog)  She loves skeletons and skulls and pirates and bad guys. Nothing phases her with one exception, the villainess in Little Mermaid!  She wants someone to watch that part with her every time!

Aside from dance and scary movies, what Bella loves most is spending time playing with her brother.

Their current made up game is called “Crash and Bash”. Crash and Bash involves our little pink grocery cart – they race around like trash collectors and collect household items in the cart (shoes, coats, toys, etc.) and then they stage a huge, on purpose CRASH and tump (why is this word showing up as a misspelling? tump is a word is it not???)  the whole cart over and then fall over into the pile.  This scenario ends one of two ways – either they fall down laughing hysterically or someone gets hurt and starts crying. Either way they get up and do it all again. Perhaps you can tell by my tone that Crash and Bash is not my favorite.  But it keeps them busy while I cook dinner and they clean everything up eventually, so I guess it’s OK. And they LOVE it so I don’t have the heart to stop them. I figure it will get old on it’s own soon.

12.201000000020 - Copy

1 comment:

The Pences said...

Oh, that picture at the end is fabulous! Such precious children! And don't tell my kids about "crash and bash," 'kay?


View My Stats