Friday, February 4, 2011

Well I for one am a bit nonplussed

At least where we are – we have not seen any snow. Will says he could see some in the air today but not anything that would stick. All we got was a few icicles here and there. My poor kids are so disappointed.  I had to work today (from home) but Will and the kids were both off.  It was a cold stuck inside all day kind of day.  The kids watched movies (Princess and the Frog, Scooby Doo, Dora) and Jacob played his DS (he likes Mario Cart) and I worked and read.

We did have excitement of another kind. Last night our washing machine started leaking.  This is upsetting because it is only 5 years old! What happened to the days when a washer would last a decade or more?!  Will looked at it and declared that it wasn’t a cheaply fixable thing (the wall of the pump had actually cracked or something????) Ugg. I hate unplanned expenses. Even though we have savings to take care of life’s road bumps, it still makes me mad!

So…Will headed off today and came home a hero in my book.  He found a beautiful new washer dryer set (although he had to go to two different places each piece was at a different store).  Both were last year’s floor models with minor dents and were HALF the original price and then he talked them down even more on each one.  I was so proud of him.  One of the dents is on the side that faces the wall so no one will ever see it, the other dent is on the front and is literally like the size of a dime! Hah.  I love love love them! They are so shiny and pretty and they will save water and power. 

02.201100000012

Now we are back in business as far as washing clothes goes and the kids really had a blast with the bubble pack.  They lined it up end to end down the hallway and ran up and down it. Jacob called it his “popsicle course” (I think he meant obstacle course but then it “pops” so popsicle course, he’s a wordsmith that one)

Sorry you will have to tilt your head – I don’t know how to flip the video…

Fun with bubble pack

1 comment:

The Pences said...

Talk about appliance envy!!! They are so shiny and pretty -- good job Will! Although with all the diaper washing I'm doing these days, I would have a pretty serious decision to make if ours breaks. Old-school top loaders are actually a lot better for washing diapers (read: NOT better for the earth though). So far, thankfully I have not had to think about it! I do want to come and drool over yours though. :)


View My Stats