Friday, September 9, 2011

July Continued…

It might very well be that no one cares anymore what we did back in July, but I like to do things in order.

So – my Dad came to town for a few days.

Will and my Dad took the kids to the zoo.

I like how both of them have the same fake “smiles”.

07.20110105

07.20110110

Bella is still very much in her not wanting to pose for pictures phase.

07.20110114

On the next day my Dad took Jacob on his first fishing trip, out at Dwight Eisenhower Park. I dropped them off at around 7 am and they fished and messed around for a few hours.  They did not catch anything, but had a great time.

Fishing 1

Very pretty.

Fishing 2

The next day we went to a birthday party at the roller rink.  My camera did not do well at the skating rink. In fact it is around this point that my camera began to not do well period. But anyway -

Here’s Jacob rockin’ and rollin’ – he was a pro because of going skating every week this summer with karate school day camp.

07.20110117

And little sister. Dad had her up on the thing you hold onto but pretty soon they said over the loudspeaker not to do that – oops.

07.20110121

So overall I would say we had a busy fun time with Dad. I think the visit probably kind of wore him out, but in a good way!

The other fun thing that happened in July was that Will and I took a trip to Austin to go to my church reunion from the church I went to as a youth.  It was a really awesome time and also a kind of getaway for us because the kids stayed at my in laws. 

I really didn’t take many pictures, at the reunion I was busy talking and eating and then the rest of the weekend we were mostly just relaxing.  We stayed in a new hotel right on UT campus (my Dad works for UT so we even got a discount woo hoo)

This was my dinner out at our favorite Austin dinner spot Z’Tejas

Pork Tenderloin stuffed with chorizo - YUM

07.20110149

On Sunday before we left we had a late brunch at Juan in a Million. (I know you are thinking ohmygoodness all they did on this trip was eat. Um yeah, pretty much!)

This is a spot we used to go to when we were dating and we always like to go back when we can. This is the place where the tag line and header picture on this blog came from – because the breakfast tacos there are so big you have to order an extra tortilla to hold it all. It is just my quirky was of being thankful for the abundant life that we have through Christ Jesus! (Only I could make a connection between tortillas and Jesus – but hey that’s how my brain works!)

Dad and my brother in law

07.20110156

My sister in law and sweet niece Luella.

07.20110161

The famous taco

07.20110157

"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure-- pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." Luke 6:38

No comments:


View My Stats