Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Camera

I have been drooling and wishing and dreaming for months over a new camera.  Will got it for me last night for Christmas, I know it’s early, but I really wanted it so I could use it for the holidays.  I went to bed last night reading about fstops and shutter speed and a ton of other things I don’t fully understand yet.  Lucky for me it has auto settings, so you can shoot right out of the box.

Sigh. I think I’m in love. It is like when I met Will and I had that “THAT’S what I’m TALKIN’ about!!!” feeling.

Enough talk. Here’s some pictures.

Jacob was kind enough to let me snap 47 (literally!) shots of him while watching football. This was in cloudy weather, inside, with all the light coming in from one side. You can see it handles depth and color well at close range in dim light.

DSC_0016

DSC_0017DSC_0018

Best in the series I think, although I wish I had focused more on his face instead of his knees.

CSC_0039

DSC_0037

Caught him mid-clap with no blurring. Insane.

DSC_0038

Not centered, but love the detail and the focus right on her eyes.

DSC_0040

Kicking the football in “sports” mode – notice again, no blurring on the action shot. Not quite fast enough (me, not the camera) to get the ball in the air.

DSC_0030_01

Love that I can get some width now. This isn’t even on landscape.

(yeah, I know, it’s a picture of nothing. INDULGE ME!)

DSC_0031

More pictures of nothing. But I wanted to see if I could get the shafts of light thrown through the blinds into rows across an otherwise dim room. I could.

DSC_0033

How many times have I tried to get the sky only to have it all go white on me??? Not anymore. 

DSC_0109

Another picture of nothing – but me playing with depth.  There’s so much ROOM in this camera. I totally can’t explain what I mean by that…

DSC_0034

Caught the ball in mid air – clean as a whistle. (and I think we need leggings under this dress – dang she has grown a ton lately!)

DSC_0106

OK. Neither of these is spectacular subject wise (Well except that they are my kids and therefore always spectacular to me) but the point is that they are in focus and the background is soft. Which really means I can now die happy! LOL

DSC_0078

DSC_0102

 

DSC_0084

At this point I finally got the light and distance and settings right.

LOVE these next few-

DSC_0098DSC_0099

And my favorite of the day

DSC_0100

So that’s it for day one of the new camera. But there will be more to come, oh yes.

No comments:


View My Stats