Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Only 4 More Days...

Until Easter and the end of the Lenten season. Have I been still, have I been quiet? Yes, and yet not enough.

Still very much caught up in the busy-ness of full time working, two kids, sports, ballet, Cub scouts, Sunday School, bible study... Still too much TV, too much Facebook, too much eating out, too much, too much everything. And yet, it has been a time of self reflection in spite of me getting in my own way.
There is a choral piece I love, that says "return to me, I love you still" what grace and what relief, what peace to be loved by a steadfast God. When my mind wanders, he remains. When my mind rejects, criticizes and blames, he forgives, pardons and delights.

For more than 40 days now I have gone without wearing make up. I thought to be as plain faced before my friends and family as I am
before God. In truth it's been hard, I didn't realize how much I had come to rely on 'my mask ' to hide lack of sleep, lack of health, tears, worry, age, it all shows. So I slept more, drank more water, lost some weight,(8 pounds Booyah!) and cried freely. Learned some fancy new buns for my hair on days when I wanted to feel extra special. And most of all I got over myself. In the end, being "pretty" turns out to not be so important, life went on!

But don't worry, come Sunday I plan on looking myself again! :)

No comments:


View My Stats