Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Table & Chairs Super Sleuth


Last weekend Will finally convinced me to go to "The Dump", a discount furniture showroom here in the Houston area. I hadn't wanted to go, I just thought it would be ucky, but actually it was quite nice and they had good deals on great quality furniture. We were able to find a dining table and chairs set that we both like very much.

The Dump buys their items from manufacturer's overstock or discontinued lines. This means that it is nearly impossible to find the same items on the internet to see how much of a deal you are getting. Well, OK, I know it was a good deal, but being a total deal-hound, it is bugging me that I can't verify exactly what I saved. Today Will rented a uhaul trailer and went and got our new furniture and there was a defunct web site address on the boxes that I used to get to a architectural review website, I still can't find prices but at least here's a picture of the table and some very similar chairs. Our side chairs have curly-q arm rests, not straight ones as in the picture, but you can more or less get an idea. I can't just take a picture of our actual furniture because it is all boxed up awaiting our move to The Big New House.

No comments:


View My Stats