Friday, May 23, 2008

The changing pad and the changing pad

Recently a friend posted a cute picture of her nearly two year son on his back on the changing table, calmly reading a book while being changed - how adorable! By contrast, I am certain that any day now I will receive the recall notice that my changing pad is secretly infused with crack. Here's Bella, who has decided mid-change to explore the supplies basket. (Note - this picture makes it look like she could fall off the dresser but I was standing right next to her I promise, please don't turn me into Nancy Grace or anything!)




So, next I have updated pics of the new house. Here's the fireplace - our Texas Star will go right above the mantel. OK, so there's no mantel yet but just imagine a rustic wood beam above the fire part and then the big metal Texas star above that -

The kitchen if you are standing in the breakfast area looking in -

The landscaping is in. This is what the builder puts in, we will probably end up changing it to suit our tastes eventually but it is very nice for the time being.



The electrical and fixtures are all in - here's a closer shot of the front door & porch light.

The back of the house (there is now grass but not in this pic)

The front of the house by day -
And by night -

4 comments:

The Beasley's said...

OHMY! I LOVE it! Josh and I definitely need to make a drive by in person :-) It's beautiful-- really, really, beautiful!

The Pences said...

The house is so pretty! I love how it's coming together! I really do hope you never find out your changing pad has crack in it -- goodness. Have you tried giving Bella a book -- maybe she would like to calmly read? Ha, ha, just kidding.

The Pences said...

Okay so it only took me like two days, but I finally got the title to your post -- the actual changing pad and the pad that is changing -- very clever!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Just gorgeous! What a great backyard by the way! I am anxious to see it after you guys put your touches to it.


View My Stats