Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall is my favorite time of year.

I like the the crispy cool mornings and the particular slant of the sunlight in the afternoons. I also like the food and festivals and family togetherness. Here is what all we have been up to so far this Fall...there's photos, slide shows, and video, so enjoy!

On Sunday afternoons I like to go exploring and see what parks we can find that we haven't been to before - these are some sweet shots of Bella at a park over in Summerwood. It's harder to get ones of Jacob - he's always on the move! A few weekends back I was awakened by a strange noise, it was very loud and very early. Jacob and I headed out into the dewy yard to check it out. Turns out they are clearing the lot adjacent to ours. This made us sad, to see the trees being ripped out like that. It was also exciting and neat to sit there like that, the two of us in our PJ's, at the start of the day. I also took these pictures of the trees that are behind our house because I'm sure that they will also be cleared eventually. All the rest of the weekend, there was this great smell in the air, just like fresh sawn wood (Oh, I guess it actually was fresh sawn wood - whatever) and leaves and sunshine. Did I mention we viewed all this from a new vantage point in our backyard? Jacob's birthday swingset finally arrived! Poor guy, his birthday got all messed up due to Ike. (Of course, we know that delayed plans are nothing in light of what others have gone through, praise God we are all safe and sound!) But he was very patient about the whole thing and it was one of those special moments as a parent to see his face when he first saw the new playset and ran up to it, saying "I love it! I love it!" Since then we have spent many evenings before supper playing on our "park" as Jacob calls it.
The other part of Jacob's birthday that was delayed was his actual official party. We had the party at Jumpin' Joey's and all the kids had a great time. We did have a bit of a meltdown when it was time to stop jumping and come into the room for cake and pizza. At one point Jacob actually hid under the table!Oh no! Luckily one of his school friends came to the rescue by saying "Come sit by me Jacob!" and all was well after that. God Bless you Will Lowe! I tried to get pics of all the kids but it was hard with bad lighting and kids jumping around so much. If you don't see your child here it is probably because they were just a blur in my camera!
Last weekend we went to our neighborhood's fall festival. It was our first big event since we've moved to Eagle Springs, I wasn't sure what to expect. It was so fun, they had a train, moonwalks, hayride, pumpkin patch, games and tasty things to eat. Jacob had a total blast, Bella's allergies were bugging her and it turns out her shoes were a little too tight (I just bought them in September!) After we removed the shoes and had some Mama/Baby time back at the car she was happy again and sat quite content in the wagon watching all the festivities. And introducing the fabulous - Tinker-Bella! Oh-oh, at one point the generator went out and the moonwalk collapsed, no worries, all the kids were fine! Here's Jacob safe in Daddy's arms! Of course we aren't always on the go - Bella can tell you there is plenty of fun to be found right here at home. Excuse me miss! I think you have toilet paper stuck to your foot....

No comments:


View My Stats