Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Families

I am totally obsessed with the Duggers and was way excited to watch their oldest son's wedding special this past Sunday night. Go Josh & Anna! I like the Duggers; they seem impossibly organized and happy, it’s very inspirational. I also like John and Kate plus 8, I relate to them more because Kate can be kind of sarcastic sometimes. I’m not sure which I would choose between having 20 kids all stair- stepped in age or 8 kids, 6 of them all at once. Hooboy. It can be interesting to think about what is common among the shows and books you like. Many of my all time favorite books feature large families. Here is a list of some of my favorite fictional families: The Murrays (Parents plus Meg, Sandy, Dennys, Charles Wallace & Fortinbras the dog. Wrinkle in Time Quintet by Madeleine L’Engle; The Austins (Parents, John, Vicky, Maggie, Suzie, & Grandfather Eaton) The Austin Family Chronicles by Madeleine L’Engle The Stantons, (Too many to list!) From the Dark is Rising Series by Susan Cooper The Weasleys (Parents plus Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny) Harry Potter series by JK Rowling The Cullens (Twilight Series, Stephenie Meyer) The Aldens (Henry, Jesse, Violet & Benny) The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner The Moffats (Mama, Sylvie, Joey, Janey and Rufus.) Moffat books, by Eleanor Estes I don't really know what it means that I have this "thing" for big families. Probably it has some kind of meaning but I'm being called away to deal with a VERY talkative four year old (Mommy, why aren't you looking at me when I'm talking to you???) and an almost 18 month old covered in cornbread crumbs. It's a good thing I spent all that time writing in little notebooks in coffee shops in my youth because I don'thave time for self reflection anymore!!

No comments:


View My Stats