Friday, March 13, 2009

Bathing Suit Season is Coming...

As swimsuit season approaches I have begun my quest to find a modest yet cute bathing suit. This isn’t easy! Maybe I’m out of step with the rest of society on this issue; it is something I’ve only become convicted of in the last couple of years. I want to look cute (who doesn’t?) but in a way that is still pleasing to God and honors my husband. As a parent there is a lot of bending, climbing and chasing of toddlers involved when we go to the pool or lake; especially now that we’ve moved to a neighborhood with slides and rafts and all kinds of things at the pool. There is one slide that ends in water that is about 3.5 feet deep. Jacob likes to go on it but can’t swim yet so I have to stand at the end and then Jacob sort of jumps out into my waiting arms. This can easily cause any number of wardrobe malfunctions if you aren’t careful! My search has led me to a number of sites that look promising. These are geared toward Mormon ladies but I’m pretty sure that they’ll sell one to me too! http://www.diviinemodestee.com/divinitasole/ (I like the square halter top) http://www.limericki.com/ (I like the Jane Halter top) https://www.modbeclothing.com (I like the knot top and Ruffle Eggplant Paisley) On another subject, I’ve recently become utterly bored with basically all my standard dishes. I decided I need new recipes! One awesome site that I linked to from Bless Us O Lord is this one: http://mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/ Apple Puff Pancakes, Chicken Enchiladas, Filled Butternut Squash. Oh my goodness. I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! (I may need to order a bigger swim suit!)

5 comments:

The Pences said...

I feel ya girl. I always have trouble with suits. And it seems the last couple of times I've bought a bathing suit I've gotten pregnant the next month... leading to me not being able to wear the bathing suit um, ever. Okay, I ramble. Good luck with the suit search -- and those sites do look good!

Shaun said...

I think part of what led me to wanting more conservative suits is the comfort of wearing fuller coverage maternity swimwear - I found that I had a much better time when I was covered up a bit more,nothing slipped or bunched and I wasn't self conscious. Another one of those examples of how what seems restrictive actually is more freeing...

The Beasley's said...

I'm LOVING what you've found. I'm actually being drawn to some of the one pieces. I never thought I would really want to wear those, but I've never had an active toddler running around at the pool either. It seems like it would be so nice to have one fully connected piece. Thanks a ton for sharing these sites :)

Bev K said...

Thanks for the kind comments on the MGCC recipe blog.
About bathing suits, my sister has always found nice ones on the Land's End website. They fit very well and there is a nice variety. It's nice to see young women concerned about modesty. Unfortunately that is not the norm any more. Hope you find something that you like.

Lisa Vandenberge said...

Thanks for the bathing suit websites. I was going to add Lands End too - I got a catalog in the mail the other day and was very impressed with what I saw... cute and modest. www.landsend.com lots and lots of options!


View My Stats