Friday, April 17, 2009

Catching Up on April - The Garden

On Sunday following the zoo trip Will went out and got a 44 gallon galvanized trough for my mini-garden. He helped me to plant my tomato plant, chives, basil, cilantro and a row of green beans. Over the last few weeks everything has really started to grow and bloom. There are also some lilies and other things in the front yard that are beginning to bloom. I can't tell you my excitement once the beans sprouted - poking their little heads up they reminded me of little babies. I was surprised how tender I feel over these tiny living things. My other "tiny living things" (aka Jacob & Bella) have really enjoyed watching everything, they like to smell the rosemary and marvel over how fast the beans are growing. (There's just four days between the tiny bean sprout picture and the one with leaves!) Everyday when we get home we go back and "check on the garden."

Posted by Picasa

No comments:


View My Stats