Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy Saturday

This morning I decided to see what I could make using what we already had in the pantry and all those odd bags of shredded cheese we had building up in the drawer in the fridge.  The results:

05.201000000019

Enchilada casserole, lasagna casserole and macaroni and cheese – not bad for 9:14 AM.

Of course, I had help.

05.201000000017

I work on the same floor as the Facilities department, so every now and then they leave old extra office decor items out for people to take. This picture sat out with a post-it that read “Take Me” for a few days. Then one day I noticed it said “Take Me – Please”

frame 

Then I noticed the frame, which was rather nice, although it was very gold and was framing a very 1980’s fake Thomas Kinkaid print. Then I thought about how there’s a big blank space over Bella’s headboard in her room.

frame detail

Wheels started turning, I thought, hmm, maybe? And emailed a picture to Will. “Take it!” he said. “We could do something like this.”

 img61m

So we brought it home, here it is, sprayed with primer:

05.201000000020

Here is the print that was in it, sorry if it is anyone’s favorite, it just ..um.. yeah.

05.201000000021

No comments:


View My Stats