Thursday, September 30, 2010

First Astros Game

A few weekends back we attended our first Astros game. Work gave me two free tickets to the game and to the Mercy Me concert that followed the game. (Amegy sponsors the Astros and has all the ATM’s at the ball park)  I thought it would be fun if we could all go, so I went online and bought two cheapie tickets for Bella and I and we let the boys have the good seats. Then for the concert part we were all able to sit together. OK, how cute is this picture????

09.201000000087

I love to see people at baseball games with tiny babies – I think it is so cute, especially when they are all dressed up in baseball clothes or tiny jerseys. However, I have never taken my own kids to games while they were very little because I am a total klutz. Just in normal life I drop things, I fall down, I walk into walls. I have no depth perception, truly my vision is not good (I am negative 7 in one eye and negative 6 in the other – sad I know!)  Those steep steps at Minute Maid Park scare me and I have never wanted to brave them with a baby or toddler in my arms.  But now that the children are older I feel better about it (although I still had that really tight Mom grip going on Bella when we were on the stairs)

  09.201000000091

Bella and I were WAY up there.  I was surprised that she actually followed the game somewhat. Although mostly she was primarily interested in eating snacks.

 09.201000000089

First hot dog at the ball park!

09.201000000088

Cotton Candy

09.201000000092

That’s Mercy Me performing down there at third base.

09.201000000104

Jacob had a grand time,  he has been building ball parks out of blocks.

 photo 

 photo 2

It’s hard to tell in this picture, because it was taken on my phone and I couldn’t zoom out or in, but she is actually standing up, with her head in the seat, sleeping – right there during a loud concert!  We ended up leaving after a few songs, she was really wiped out.

photo 3

No comments:


View My Stats