Saturday, March 19, 2011

Coming Soon

I have so much to blog about that before I can start that I need to blog myself a list of what I need to blog about! Spring break has been awesome, including trips to Austin (all of us) and Fredericksburg (just Will and me!) and getting this season’s flowers and herb garden planted.  I am just completely inspired to COOK lately.  Partly because of the trip (we had lovely wine, cheese and several incredible meals) and what I’ve been reading lately (Anthony Bourdain and am Amish cookbook, hah what a combo) and by the  beautiful produce at the market.  Here is what is in our fridge right now:

  • A bag of organic apples (for lunches and and maybe a tart)
  • red grapes
  • bananas
  • plums
  • compari tomatoes (for plating with mozzarella and basil with olive oil and red wine vinegar), heirloom tomatoes, (For salad) roma tomatoes (for sandwiches and pasta salad)
  • lemons, limes (for pasta dishes, marinating sausage, and mixing with coke)
  • 1016 onions, scallions, 2 heads of garlic
  • a head of cabbage, baby spinach, arugula, hearts of romaine
  • radishes
  • shredded carrots (for mixing with cabbage for Cole slaw)
  • celery
  • a pound of mushrooms (don’t know yet? maybe quesadillas or mushroom stroganoff)
  • Brussels sprouts (for pasta)
  • strawberries, blackberries, kiwi (for mixing in yogurt and on top of whole wheat waffles)

YUM. We are also fully stocked on pasta, rice, cuscus, risotto – this time of year I love to eat light!

No comments:


View My Stats