Sunday, March 11, 2012

My birthday & NYE in Austin - 2011

The weekend after Christmas we packed up and headed to Austin. We took Daddy back home and got him settled and then drove over to this rent house we like over off Anderson Lane.

Bella coloring in the kitchen.

DSC_0729

That Friday night we celebrated my birthday (Again) with extended family & friends.

We didn’t take that many pictures, busy talking… our guests were: my parents, Will’s parents, Will’s brother and his wife Leigh, her parents, my niece  Lulu and one of my cousin’s (Tad) on my Mom’s side and one of my cousin’s (Tony) from my Dad’s side – a most excellent mix.

DSC_0737DSC_0742

The next day, New Year’s Eve day, the guys all went to a UT basketball game. My mother and law and I took the two little girls shopping on South Congress.

“Hurry up and get ready cousin – it’s time to shop!”

DSC_0744

I feel bad for both girls, Luella is a hugger and Bella isn’t.

DSC_0751

Oh these girls. Just wait, it gets even cuter…

DSC_0753

“Look, skulls! Let’s go in”

(Would love to make this one black and white but leave the door turquoise, I so have no idea how to do that!)

DSC_0755

I know every hipster in ATX has pictures of their kid here, but I couldn’t resist.

DSC_0757

Again, I wish I could get out the spilled whatever that is out of this picture. And again with the hugging, LOL.

DSC_0759

I love this next picture “so much”….

DSC_0771

Sigh. Those blue eyes!

DSC_0769

New Year’s Eve night Will and I had a date with another couple, we went to Hotel San Jose for before dinner drinks. They had candles floating in the pool.

Pretty!

DSC_0780

CSC_0927DSC_0790

Then we went to dinner and then to a house party where we brought in the new year with a kiss, surrounded by friends.  This is the second (or third?) new year’s we’ve gone to this particular party, I love it because they actually sing “auld lang syne” and they have a bon fire.

Finished off the trip as always with breakfast at Juan in a Million -

CSC_0921

DSC_0803

It was a great trip to Austin (It’s always a great trip to Austin!)


View My Stats