Saturday, July 14, 2012

Trader Joes Recipe Series –2 Pollo Asada & Hatch Green Chilies with Jalapeño Cream Cheese

OK this one is totally cheating, but it was so good. I bought pre-marinated thinly sliced chicken breasts at Trader Joes.  I know, it’s ballsy to write about using food out of a bag, but seriously it was awesome…

First I heated up the grill. I got the chicken out. I got out some hatch green chilis and some corn tortillas.  I put the tortillas into a foil pouch and sprinkled them with water Then I had moment of inspiration.  I remembered that I had some jalapeno cream cheese. And so I thought I would stuff the chilies with the cream cheese.

omg. These were so easy and so good.

07.2012_103

Grill the chicken and the peppers. 5 Minutes on each side for the chicken, it cooks fast. When the peppers are blacked, take them in, place them in a zip lock for a few minutes. Then peel, make a slit, pull out the seeds, stuff them with jalapeño cream cheese top with cheddar cheese and return them to the grill for about 2 minutes so the filling can get hot and cheese on top melts. Warm the tortillas in the foil pouch on the grill, about 5 minutes.

07.2012_10907.2012_107

Best picture of the night, in my opinion…

07.2012_106

Serving was easy, slice chicken, serve in warm tortillas. This made great left overs.

The pollo asada at Trader Joes is $5.50 a pound and the chilies were, I have no idea .50 or something.  We bought more to make this again the week. It took ten minutes to get dinner on the table, perfect for a weeknight.

No comments:


View My Stats