Sunday, August 5, 2007

Fun Weekend

On Saturday we went to a birthday party. It was at one of those jump places and Jacob has a really great time.
Today I've had one of those days that every Mom will identify with - a day where everything goes well and I was just exactly the kind of Mom I wish I was all the time. Perhaps it went well because I started off by going to the 8:30 service at church. When I came home Jacob and I went to the park. For once I remembered everything - sun screen, bug spray, cold drinks, the camera etc. We had healthy snacks. We didn't rush. We threw mushy grapes for the birds. We dawdled. We looked at bugs and clouds. We ran up and down these bike hills that Jacob loves. I came up with educational and yet age-appropriate explanations for things like ants and litter. Even though my ankles began to resemble elephant legs I was patient as we stopped twenty seven times on our way back to the car to throw gravel, pick up tiny sticks and comment on the swishiness of the grass. It was very swishy.


I've made a special effort lately to spend a lot of one on one time with Jacob. I know when his sister arrives she is bound to rock our world - soon I will have two children vying for time and attention. Even though it will be good, it won't be the exact same kind of good that we have right now. It will be some other different good, and that's OK.

No comments:


View My Stats