Thursday, August 2, 2007

Midwives Appointment Update

My check up today went great. I'm happy to report we still have no indications of any return of the intraheptic cholestasis which is AWESOME. The midwife today told me that it often happens that mamas that have their first baby early start to think that they are "overdue" if their second one doesn't come around the same time. So, we have to remind ourselves that just because Jacob came at 36 1/2 weeks does not mean that this baby will come early... Although we are ready when she is - and I mean boy are we ever!

I hope this isn't too much information but some of you will understand the significance if I say that I am 50% effaced and a fingertip dilated. OK, so that's not much, but every bit of progress counts!
Work today was rough. After weeks of craving company all I wanted was to go right back out to the car and go home! I feel grouchy and gigantic and very self conscious. Co-workers haven't seen me in almost a month, so I think I seem extra large. Okay, I'm off to bed!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

I'm so glad you're doing well!! Progress is always a fantastic thing. By the way...you look absolutely PERFECT, and we're so anxious to meet your baby girl :-)


View My Stats