Saturday, March 8, 2008

Something's in the Air...

As it is each Spring, Houston is now blanketed in a thick coat of bright yellow pollen. Kleenex anyone?
I was reading the Pence's blog and thinking about the election. I was thinking about how wonderful it is to have some diversity on the ballot this year. I think it is awesome that my daughter will come of age in a time where women have moved to the forefront of politics and as a person of Mexican-American background, I believe it is high time that we had some alternative viewpoints, and frankly, some different colored faces up on the TV screen in election year. Regardless of political opinions I hope everyone can take a moment to appreciate this - it is truly history in the making and I believe that our children and country will ultimately benefit.
On Saturday morning Bella decided to start my weekend off with a spectacular series of diaper surprises. Typically, we aren't up taking baths at 7 AM, but I'm glad we did because otherwise I might not have gotten these post bath photos!
We braved the pollen and spent Saturday afternoon at Jesse Jones Park. We had a picnic and were taught by "settlers" in period costumes how to dye Easter eggs using all natural ingredients. One thing I learned was that it takes a LONG time to dye eggs with all natural ingredients, and Jacob lost interest after about 5 eggs. He had done blue, green, and yellow but then there was a bit of a mishap with the walnut egg stain and so we ended up with mostly brown eggs. Afterwards we went to the playground.
Last week the lot for our new home was cleared, so of course I had to go by and take a picture!

No comments:


View My Stats