Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday Party

At the beginning of the month we went to the birthday party of our friend's daughter Ramsey. Her Mom went all out - the invitations were scrolls and the decorations were all amazing, all hand made (candelabra's, penants, pinata, etc.) There were wands and tiaras for the girls and helmets and swords for the boys and a golden egg hunt and this castle made from cardboard boxes that the kids could play in - it was WAY cool.
One of the activities was a craft project where the kids had these golden goblets that they could decorate with all kinds of jewels and stickers and such. Jacob, in his typical quirky way, decided he wanted to decorate the inside of his goblet. I was very impressed with his creativity. As a Mom there is a part of me that sometimes wishes that he would just do what all the other kids do. I fret over his shyness and how he always does everything his own way. Funny, isn't the goal to try and raise kids that think for themselves and know their own minds rather than just following what every other kid does? I always say that I'm "working with him" on interacting more but you know really I think I just need to work on me instead. Work on worrying less and just enjoying the kid that God made him to be.

No comments:


View My Stats