Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

We've been very busy making Christmas preparations around here. Since our old fake tree died, we decided to try getting a real one this year. Growing up, we always had a real tree but it was a new experience for Will. People always talk about the mess. But I think the artificial trees shed an awful lot of needles too. This one smells really nice and the needles and branches were really soft (they are a bit spikier now as time goes on). Its been surprising how much water it drinks up - I would say about 6 cups a day. So far, it's been really pleasant and picking it out and bringing it home took less time than getting the fake one down and putting it all together and messing with each branch to get it looking fluffed out. I'm mildly concerned that the branches aren't as springy as when we first got it, I'm thinking it will be good and dead by the time Christmas is over. Then we'll recycle it and that's another positive as well. This past weekend we put lights up on the house. This is definitely something that falls into the category of Things That Will Does To Make Shaun Happy. I think he secretly enjoys them as much as I do, once they are up. Will doesn't do heights, which makes this act of kindness all the more sweet. Thanks honey! In other news, Bella is teething again and we are having a biting problem. I was on the phone with the director of the school because she bit three times in one day and she actually bit a FOURTH time while we were on the phone! Aack. It makes me feel like a bad parent, but she doesn't bite at home, so it's hard for me to really know what to do. Most of the incidents were because kids kept putting their fingers in her mouth and she bit down on them. Maybe I'm being too technical but it doesn't seem entirely fair to me - isn't putting your fingers in someone's mouth kind of asking for it?

No comments:


View My Stats