Wednesday, December 17, 2008

May it be to me...

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures from last week when it snowed. I waffled as to whether to bundle the kids up and get them back out to play in it or not. We had a conference that night up at day care about Bella's biting issue, and by the time we got home and had supper it was almost 8 o'clock. The thought of getting all those little feet and arms back into shoes and coats was sort of overwhelming. So no snowbaby pictures this time. After they went to bed I went out to the grocery store and practically danced into HEB I was so happy and at peace with the world. I don't know how to express how excited I was about the snow - enchanted is probably close to the right word. I really like these pictures of the house with the lights up and the snow. I guess since I'm a woman and a mother, and from a Mexican-American family, I really connect with the Virgin Mary and I am always reminded of her story at this time of year. I pray that I could exhibit even a fraction of that kind of grace. We have this Nativity scene up in our dining room and just having it there reminds me to slow down, take a breath, speak with more patience. What an amazing thought - the salvation of the whole world became possible all because one mother was willing to follow God's plan instead of her own. Luke 1:38 "I am the Lord's Servant, May it be to me as you have said".

No comments:


View My Stats