Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cookie Cutters

I’m not much of a gadget girl when it comes to technology, I’m happy to use whatever phone Will picks out for me, I can barely work his ipod and the Garmin is a complete mystery.

What I like are simpler, handy kitchen things. I love kitchen gadgets, machines, special spoons, knives etc. I like to collect antique kitchen things and also things that are hand made – such as wooden spoons.

Rolling pins, spoons old and new and a butter churn:

06.201000000055

I especially love to collect things like rolling pins, mixing bowls and…cookie cutters. I am not a particularly talented artist at decorating cookies but I just think cookie cutters are really fun and they are an inexpensive and relatively useful thing to collect.

Two little birds and a lion with a red handle. These came from Will’s Grandmother.

06.201000000052

 

We have a few events coming up this summer which got me thinking about shopping for some new cutters to add to my collection and I found this neat website called American Tradition Cookie Cutters. Not only do they have a ton of great, really reasonably priced cutters but they give a discount to bloggers!

Cutters I have my eye on:

Texas

Armadillo

T-Rex

Elephant

Giraffe

Elephant

Owl

(Each of these is just 90 cents!)

And their Deal of the Week” – which is a 7 piece set of Sea Creatures for just $5 bucks! (Might come in handy for certain about-to-be-3 year olds who are asking for an Ariel birthday party!)

Not to be purely selfish I also think these would be awesome for goody bags for birthdays, Christmas stockings, and housewarming presents or for a hostess gift.


View My Stats