Tuesday, June 1, 2010

End of Soccer Season

Memorial Weekend we reached the end of our first 8 week soccer season.  I can’t say enough positive things about FFPS – Jacob went from basically having no soccer skills (sorry son!) to being a pretty good little player.  We are excited to sign back up – but in the Fall when it will hopefully be cooler. The only draw back I can think of is just that it was so fun for Jacob now he has a whole list of sports he wants to try!

 

At the start of each game the kids say “Go Gators!”

05.201000000041

The weekend before, Will’s parent’s came out to watch Jacob play. Jacob’s classic wink.

 

05.201000000044

 

Action shot!

05.201000000046

 

It was so, so hot out on the field.  Of course Bella finds a spot perched on someone’s ice chest (the umbrella wasn’t ours either – she’s a mooch!)

05.20100000009605.201000000099

 

Goalie throw! (Did I already blog about how at the first practice Jacob thought that being goalie meant he was in Time Out? He asked me afterwards what he did wrong to get sent there!)

05.201000000101

 

I was thrilled that Amegy bank sponsored the team, do I have the best job or what?

    05.201000000091   

Bella ADORES Coach Becky, whenever she would come to the sidelines Bella would go up and love on her.

05.201000000102 

Full uniform. We got lucky – all the teams wear black shorts with white stripes regardless of the color scheme of the jerseys. Ours matched great, some teams were pretty ugly (lime green and blue with black shorts!)

05.201000000104 

After the last game we had a team pizza party at Double Dave’s.

Notice Bella in the background, “helping” coach hand out the trophies.

05.201000000106

Will and I were mortified when Jacob got his trophy and said loudly “I don’t like it!” – oh gosh. And this after asking ALL day when he would get it! You have to know Jacob, he just gets weirded out by anything new sometimes. He got over it and spent the rest of the weekend with the trophy in his hands (we even had to bring it to his grandparents so he could show it to them)

05.201000000108

Truth be told, I’m happy to have my Saturday’s back for a while but I am so glad he played.   Jacob is really excited to take gym when he starts Kindergarten in the Fall. I told him this morning that they would cover all sports in gym and he was like “What? Really! Even kickball and basketball?”  I swear I don’t know he ended up loving sports so much but I am really glad that he does. I was such an uncoordinated wreck in gym class but it doesn’t look like either of my kids inherited that – thank goodness. Between gymnastics at school, playing at home and swimming both kids are lean and strong – I hope that it will continue!

No comments:


View My Stats