Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My hair is long

Sometimes I don’t understand people.  At work there are times when I might take my hair down and re-do my up-do.  Inevitably someone random will say to me – “Oh your hair is long.” 

I never know what to say back.  I mean my buns are huge now.  What did they think was in there? Did they think it was one of those fake bun things from the mall?  Do they think they are telling me something I don’t know?  (I think it would be funny to say what, oh my gosh how did that get there?!) 

Sometimes people will ask “When are you going to cut it?” and I think I don’t know.  It’s not like I have a five year plan for my hair.  I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a chapter on hair in A Purpose Driven Life.   Like a lot of Long Hairs, I practice benign neglect, meaning keeping it up with the ends protected 99% of the time and sort of forgetting about it.  Like that rotisserie chicken machine – “Just set it and forget it!” LOL

02.201100000005

My long hair says I am patient. My long hair says my idea of beauty is health and self-acceptance.  My long hair says I don’t need to look like someone in a magazine.  I don’t need to look like someone else’s idea of what a 38 year old “should” look like.  At least that’s what I think.

2 comments:

Scott and Kimberly said...

I think your long hair is beautiful, and I think you are beautiful!

Lisa Vandenberge said...

me too! i would do it too if i didn't get so so hot once it approaches my armpit.


View My Stats