Monday, April 14, 2008

Our weekend

We had a really awesome weekend. After weeks and weeks of hard work we took a Saturday "off" to enjoy some family time. The children's school had a Spring Fling event which we attended on Saturday afternoon. The weather was glorious and we did all the activities including riding a trackless train, petting a llama at the petting zoo, riding a pony and jumping in the moonwalks for hours. I think I've posted on this before but Jacob is hilarious at petting zoos because he is so strategic about it. He "tagged" each animal and then he was done. Jacob had a blast and Anabel took a nice long nap in the stroller. We forgot our camera but Will's parents had theirs so I'll post pics when I get them.
Saturday evening Will and I took the kids up to Tin Roof BBQ. They now have two large play structures and kid size picnic tables set up next to the outdoor eating area. Jacob was in heaven - he had all his favorite things: mac n' cheese, live music, dancing and a playground all in one place. Yes, I had my kids out dancing to "Devil Went Down to Georgia" until 8:30 PM but you gotta' loosen up on the schedule every now and then and they did sleep very well that night!

Ready to Eat Some BBQ! (Not quite yet!)



Dancing With Daddy!

The new house is coming along great, they are really going full tilt boogie on it - we now have windows, siding and almost an entire roof and our brick has shown up. The window above the front porch is going to be redone - it will eventually be two rounded "hobbit" windows. The process to date has been great, only a few small things here and there but they have been caught and corrected right away.
Bella continues to be her little busy bee self, exploring all over the house and getting into everything she can. I'll have to try to get it on video but she makes this putt putt raspberry noise while she toodles around the house, so wherever I am if I hear her making that little farting sound then I know she is concentrating on getting into something she probably shouldn't be!

Busy Bee - these were taken about 1 minute apart! I also really like these kinds of outfits for her - they are like a onesie in the back and a dress in the front, looks pretty but without getting in the way of crawling. Like a reverse mullet (party in the front/ business in the back).


Right before I took this she was actully inside the toy basket but I was too slow to get the picture!

1 comment:

The Pences said...

Wow Miss Bella sure is everywhere! I think maybe she'll be teaching Joanna to walk.


View My Stats