Thursday, April 10, 2008

Plastic Bags

This year on Earth Day the Whole Foods stores will stop using plastic bags altogether. Plastic sacks kill animals because when they eat them it messes them up badly, bags clog waterways, and may take up to 1000 years to break down. Imagine if every plastic bag you get you just piled into your child's crib, because that's pretty much what we are all doing, leaving our kids a world full of trash. This isn't just tree hugger whining, go ahead, do a few google searches and see for yourself. More than anything else they are just plain wasteful and unnecessary. If you are able to travel to Europe you will see that people often have sacks or little wheeled baskets that they take to the market, clearly it is just a matter of getting used to the idea and making a committment to change. So, I went ahead and bought ten reusable bags (only 99 cents each). If nothing else I can set a better example for my own children. I'm blogging here, not to toot my own horn, but so that I can be held accountable for my intentions.

No comments:


View My Stats