Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our July 4th Weekend (so far)

You may have noticed the poor quality of the pictures in my last post. I'd guessed it was because I had mistakenly had it on the wrong setting (because that happens) but actually I think it was the beginning of the end. This weekend I went to take pictures of our fun July 4th and our camera screen was absolutely dark and nothing we did would fix it. I think the thing has finally died. My father-in-law took pictures so when I get them I'll post them up.

In the meantime I can tell you that we went to Conroe and got to meet our new tiny two week old niece Luella Ivy (LuLu) for the first time. She rocks! What a sweet cute little baby! Man, you really forget just how teensy tiny newborns really are.
On Saturday afternoon Will and I went out on the boat with Will's Dad and rode around and swam and had a good few hours all to ourselves without kiddos - it was like a date, sort of, super fun. Then we had hot dogs and hamburgers and took Jacob down to the marina to see the fireworks. We've been reading about fireworks (Olivia Forms a Band) but once we got there they were too loud for him and he cried almost the whole time. He was so loud and dramatic (he was yelling - "That one's too big, That one's too spiky! That star is going to get in my mouth! I want my pillow!" - I felt terrible because he was just truly terrified! Poor baby! I think if we had been a little further away maybe it would have gone better.
Today, Will, Jacob, and I all got to go out on the boat and Jacob had a total blast, jumping into the lake with his Dad (wearing a life vest of course) and waving at all the other boats. When we got back I took Bella "swimming" in the not-hot hot tub and Jacob got in too and we messed around with boats in there for a while. After all that both children took long, long naps and then we packed up and headed back home. It was so good to visit and lounge around and have a higher than average child to adult ratio - just like a mini vacation (and boy did we ever need it!)

1 comment:

The Pences said...

So sad about your camera :(
Sounds like you guys had a great time on the lake!


View My Stats