Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Since our new house has an upstairs family room we thought it might be nice to have a seating arrangement that would fit all of us for watching movies ( and playing with the new Wii. Will won a Wii in a raffle at work - woo hoo!!!) I finally found a couch that I liked online and this past Saturday we went to check it out in person. Bella says "Hey Mom, How about this one? Oh, and the silver bowl too."

Jacob tries it out while Will checks out the prices.
After the furniture store we took the kids to the Children's Museum at the Woodlands. To be perfectly honest with you - I wasn't all that impressed. The one down in Houston is WAY better. For the price ($5 each, free for Bella) you could certainly have a better time at the Old McDonald's' Farm or the Zoo or well, Jesse Jones park which is free. It was the end of the day and it was kind of "dead" in there, a little grubby, and there just wasn't all that much to do. One thing that was fun was that they have this big pit of rubber mulch with dinosaur bones hidden in it and the kids can get in there and dig with dump trucks and shovels.
They also have a small room of animals. Here's Jacob checking out some butterflies with a magnifying glass. For littler kids they just had some mats on the floor. Again, I was spoiled to the super awesome giant baby playroom that the one in Houston has. Bella did find this one block that she LOVED and insisted on putting in her mouth.
This was poor judgement on my part because Sunday morning she woke up not feeling very well and we stayed home from church so she could sleep in. She was fine by later that afternoon but I'm positive it is because I let her chew on that stupid green block! For what it is worth - if you head over to the Woodlands, skip the children's' museum, kids will be just as happy playing on the free indoor playground, messing with the outdoor fountains while you drool over stuff in Pottery Barn Kids and a taking a few spins on the carousel! Lastly, I was playing blocks with Jacob on Sunday afternoon and I noticed he kept using these two particular blocks all along his "roads". I asked him and he informed me in that really patient way that kids talk to their parents about really obvious stuff - that these were flashlights (I think he meant stop lights) to tell the cars when to stop and go. Brilliant!!! Like all mothers I think my son is super smart and an all around fun person to spend the afternoon with. See the stop light? Neat huh?

No comments:


View My Stats