Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day Off

Today is Veteran's Day. So Grandpa's, if you are reading this - we love, honor and thank you! Veteran's Day is one holiday that happens to be a bank holiday, but is not a stock market holiday. What that means is I was off work and Will wasn't. I had the whole glorious day to myself, and here's what I did. At 9:30 I went to Color Me Crazy and had my hair cut. Tami Scott, you rock, thank you for starting my day off right! Next I wandered around all the little shops that are in the adjacent shopping center. Ladies and mothers-in-law! If you haven't been to all the boutiques and shops on West Lake Houston Parkway at Will Clayton, you are missing out! It was so fun just browsing through all the little shops. Almost every one had Christian music playing and the friendliest ladies attending the shops. I was good. I only bought a red tin cross ($6!) to add to my cross collection. What I could have bought - hand made fudge, custom blended bath goodies from Bath Junkie, jewelry, hand bags, antique furniture, and these really gorgeous deep scarletty-purple satin flats that they had at Ya Ya Clothing for only $19 (only when would I ever wear them??? I don't think the world of banking is ready for purple satin flats!) Once I got home I spent some time gardening. Well, actually I used the power shrub clippers to wack at the bushes and then used the blower to blow stuff around the yard. I generally like to do this when Will isn't home. He visibly winces when I use power-anything. He is convinced I am going to cut the power cord (note, that I have NEVER cut the cord but he has done so at least twice!!!) While I was busy blowing and wacking I dislodged a pumpkin. Whoa! It rolled off down the driveway and before I could get to it, it rolled down the driveway and clear across the street. I dropped the blower and ran after it, the more I ran, the farther it rolled. As I was walking back with the run-away pumpkin safely tucked under my arm I notice that our neighbors were having some work done in their garage and all the worker guys were totally staring at me. Hmm,must be the fab new hair-do. The last part of my day was spent making beef stew and magic cookie bars. The ingredients for the stew looked so pretty that I had to take pictures. Plus, I just like playing with the macro setting on the new camera. Now it's 5:30 and time to go get the dry cleaning and the babies. Will just called and he's on his way home. The house is picked up, dinner is done (except for cheddar biscuits that I'll throw in right before we eat). It is rainy outside and cozy inside. And it smells AWESOME. I am rested, relaxed and free from split ends. It is well with my soul.

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

ha! Will has cut the cord at least twice--that was funny! I have never meandered through those stores...they sound lovely, though. I need to check them out! Doesn't the day just FLY when you have it all to yourself?!?! In the 5 hours Abby is at MDO, I feel like I'm just getting started when I have to go pick her up :-)


View My Stats