Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

I have a confession and that is that I don't even know who is playing in the super bowl this year. I know it is the Cardinals and someone else. I only know this much because I saw cakes at HEB with a cardinal on them. I am not, however, letting the day pass without doing something vaguely superbowlish - I am cooking ribs. Right now all the TV's in the house are off, Will is napping, the kids are upstairs playing with blocks. I'm reading a book and enjoying the rich meaty smell of ribs cooking very slowly on very low heat for 2 hours. Then I'll put some sauce on them and finish them off... Last night Jacob was trying to close the door to Bella's room but the door was stuck behind the toy basket, so he gave it a big tug. It popped loose suddenly and the bottom corner of the door drug across his poor tiny bare foot. Oh my goodness, I swooped him up and ran him down to my bathroom where the first aid stuff is kept, all I knew is that there was a lot of blood. Poor little guy, once I cleaned it I could see that he scraped off about a 1 by 2 inch patch of skin on the side of his foot. I truly thought I was going to toss my cookies. It isn't a serious injury but it looks really icky and is going to take some time and care to heal. He is OK, it scared him though and it's hard for him to wear a shoe. My poor, poor little guy! It never, ever, gets one tiny bit easier to see your child's blood. Oh, Oh I'm being summoned upstairs.... OK now it's later... did anyone see the hail storm? Then the sunset shining through the rain made it look like there were candles flickering in the trees, then a glorious rainbow right before dark. It was way cool.

No comments:


View My Stats