Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Boxes

We've had a fun time this year getting ready for the Valentine's Day parties up at daycare. There's been so much to do: the cards, candy and drinks (our contribution to the classroom parties) plus the school asked families to decorate a box to hold each child's Valentines. In the past, my Valentines boxes for Jacob could be described as "Last minute", "rush-job", and "lame". I was inspired by a blog that I read to do something a little more special this year and I am SO excited by how they came out! Jacob and his Dad start by wrapping the box in foil... Then Will raided the garage for bolts, door stoppers, washers etc. A quick trip to the hardware store and we had some cheap plumbing parts for arms. I thought Mr. Roboto turned out so great! Bella loves birds and I adore the really cute birds that are on everything from sheets to PJ's right now, so I made her box into a pink birdie house with a Popsicle stick roof. Front - Sides Back with Bible verse (sorry you have to turn your head on a few of these)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do love your Mr. Roboto!! He's smooth!

Jason and Shari said...

OMG... I love the boxes

The Pences said...

I'm so impressed -- very crafty!


View My Stats