Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I love to tell the story...

Well over a decade ago, while still in college I worked for a temporary agency. A girl I met on one of my assignments invited me to go with her to a Christian concert. The band was DC Talk. Several things happened as a result. The first thing that happened is that during the invitation, I recommitted my life to Christ. God is good. At the concert I ran into Stephen Heleman, the older brother of my best friend. At that time he was a youth minister. He invited me to attend his church and I began to participate in my first "home group" bible study. God is really good. Stephen was the minister who eventually counseled me out of a bad relationship, and he is also the minister that did our premarital counseling before William and I were married. Nothing is just a coincidence. God seeks us out, as our Creator he knows exactly how to reach us, and connect with us. For me, it was music. I don't remember the name of the woman who invited me to that concert, honestly we didn't have a lot in common. I don't know why she had the extra ticket, or if she bought it purposely. Was I so lost that I seemed to need it? Did God nudge her? Did she think I was cool and want to hang out with me (not!) If she had witnessed to me in any other way I probably would have rejected it and continued on the path I was on. So that's my story, what's yours? Blog it! Oh - here's my favorite song from the concert:

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

I do love that song, and that's a completely awesome story! Thanks for sharing :)


View My Stats