Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I wanna rock n roll all night and party every day...

Last Friday Jacob and I went to the Jars of Clay concert, this was Jacob's first "rock" show. At first when the lights went down and the music started Jacob got scared, we ended up moving from our seats to some open seats towards the back where Jacob felt more comfortable. I wasn't sure how he would do since the show started at his normal bedtime but he did great. A very special moment for me as a parent was to see Jacob raise his hands during a praise song, he's been in worship with us many times but this was the first time he ever raised his hands and I must admit I got a bit teary-eyed.

The next day we attended the coolest birthday party. The "theme" was art and it was so fun for the kids. Angie set up all kinds of painting and craft stations in their backyard. The kids had these little aprons to wear and made a huge mess. Bella and Jacob painted for like an hour and a half.
One table had vegetables that were carved into shapes to paint and stamp with.
All the kids stamped their hands
All the finished hand prints In keeping with the theme, the kids even decorated their own cupcakes - Jacob's didn't last long enough for me to get a picture of the finished masterpiece! I love how blue his eyes look here. Bella before her bath - what a mess!
This week something wonderful happened - we harvested our first tomato!
Isn't it beautiful? Remember those tiny baby beans? They are so tall now! (You''ll have to look sideways- sorry!) Hmm, something's been munching on my basil - is it the very hungry Caterpillar? Everything is growing like crazy! The netting you see is to keep birds away from my tomatoes.
More tomatoes are coming soon

No comments:


View My Stats