Saturday, May 2, 2009

My entire attention...

I like to keep around several translations of the Bible. As a child I memorized scripture from the King James, so when I want it to read it just as I remember it, I read that translation. When I’m feeling scholarly, trying to learn about biblical history or just reading scripture for love of the stories themselves I like something that reads a bit easier, NIV for instance. When I’m reading for inspiration – at a time when I want to know God’s heart and desire for a particular situation then I like to read The Message. With lay-offs looming at both our employers next week, it is definitely a Message version day for me today. Matthew 6:34 (The Message) “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”

No comments:


View My Stats