Sunday, March 21, 2010

It Never Gets Any Easier

When your little ones get hurt.  On Saturday the kids were playing chase and next thing I know Bella was screaming.  You know that I am seriously hurt scream? So Will and I are going over her, asking where does it hurt where does it hurt, and then we see her teeth. And she has streams of blood between all her top teeth and oh, her front tooth has a corner chipped off it! And the the whole tooth was pushed out of place, higher and back from where it should be and the gum looked bad.

I called the dentist who kindly left her Spring Break plans to meet us (her office is at the Woodlands) and an x-ray turned out that the root was not broken and she explained the tooth should move back into position as the gum heals. Whew, if the root had been broken then she would have lost the tooth.  There is still some chance the tooth may darken due to trauma but there’s nothing to be done about it and the tooth itself is fine. I was so relieved. Will and I weren’t sure if it warranted an emergency visit but the dentist said anytime they hit a tooth like that and especially if it is moved out of place, it is a good idea to go in.

Shortly after the whole tooth thing I was on the landing folding laundry and Bella was on the top step and she fell! I mean she stepped off into thin air and toppled down 7 steps to the landing. I was totally freaked out, she is FINE but it scared me to death. And my nerves were already shot from the whole tooth thing (the falling happened before the dentist visit).

So now I am feeling uber protective of her, not letting her go up and down the stairs by herself (which she has been doing fine for months) and today she was clattering around in her dress up shoes and all I had were visions of her falling and chipping out more teeth!

Random picture time

Bella and her new BFF – Josh Beasley!

03.201000000070

At the Woodlands mall playscape along with 57 million other people

03.20100000007303.201000000071 03.201000000072

1 comment:

Lisa Vandenberge said...

Oh so sorry to hear of the scare, but SO thankful she's OK! Sometimes I wonder how so many of us make it out of our childhood relatively unscathed!!


View My Stats