Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kids

On Monday we got to school a little earlier than usual and Bella says “Mommy there’s no dinner!” and pointed to the table where the breakfast usually is. I told her breakfast was coming,

“Miss Shirley (the cook) is making apples and pancakes”.

“I don’t like apples!” 

“Oh, those poor apples will be so sad if you don’t eat them.”

“But Mommy, the pancakes sure will be happy!”

Bella, is a joy and she is also very two. She is working out what she has control over and how far we will go (or not go). No matter which jeans, or cup, or socks, or blanket – I can guarantee the first one I pick will not be the one she wants.  Sometimes I give a little, sometimes I don’t, it depends on how she asks.  I try to keep perspective and let her choose as often as time and circumstance allow but if she is throwing a fit then I don’t give in.

Jacob gets frustrated with her, of course he’s still learning the fine art of getting her into trouble vs. getting her out of trouble (helping vs. just tattle telling) The other night he comes running into the living room, out of breath, “Mommy, Mommy – Bella’s not showing fruits of the spirit!”

On thing she has “decided” lately is that she is too big for her booster seat. But when she sat in the regular chairs she could barely see over the edge of the table. So on Sunday I pulled out the special chair my grandparents gave me.  It is very old, and is an actual nice wooden piece of furniture - like a high chair but without a tray or straps or anything. I used to sit in it at their house when I was little.  Bella loves it.

03.20100000000903.201000000011 

Last Friday night we tried the new burger place – Five Guys. It was good but the cashier gave us grief about Jacob’s order (a hot dog on a hamburger bun). The ambience was not so great, just plain and busy, but the food was good. My recommendation – order it to go next time or quit experimenting and just go to Culvers like we always do.  Afterwards we went to the Bookworm bookstore. Everyone picked up some new reading – true life murder mystery for Will and 1970’s fantasy (as in swords and dragons) for me. Of course the kids each got a book as well.

03.201000000006

It’s been a while since we had any video – here is one I took on Sunday of the kids in worship at church.

 

Lyrics to the song that the band is playing:

The earth is shaking, the mountains shouting
It's all for You
The waves are crashing, the sun is raging
It's all for You
The universe spinning and singing
It's all for You
The children dancing, dancing, dancing
It's all for You, It's all for You

No comments:


View My Stats