Sunday, July 22, 2007

I need a hero....

I had my midwives appointment last Wednesday and our baby girl is doing great, her heartbeat was strong and she and I are both the size we should be. Now is the scariest time for me because if the cholestasis is going to come back, it would most likely be in the next few weeks. So far there has been no sign of itchiness (really the only symptom I would have) and my bloodwork has been fine so we are going to keep our faith and not worry over statistics and things over which we have no control.
Despite the title of this post, I don't need a hero, I have a hero - my husband Will! I was looking at the calendar and was amazed to realize that I have now been on bedrest for 20 days! He has been truly amazing, cooking, cleaning, shopping, caring for Jacob, doing the yard, laundry - everything. All without complaint. On Friday night he went off at midnight to get me a copy of Harry Potter & the Deathly Gallows, so you can guess how I've spent most of my weekend! On Saturday night Jacob woke us at 3 AM with a very upset stomach (there is some rule of vomitation that says that kids can never get sick in the daytime - it's always the middle of the night. ) so Will spent a few hours in the middle of the night giving Jacob a bath, changing bedding & clothes and cleaning the carpet. (In accordance with the other rule of vomitation that states that the child can't stay in one place or be on a tiled surface).
So Sunday night finds us all kind of frazzled and worn out.

1 comment:

The Pences said...

Let me know when you finish the book -- I'm dying to discuss it!


View My Stats