Friday, July 6, 2007

Waiting...

It has been a very eventful week. On Monday I went to the midwives and we have discovered that our baby girl has officially "dropped". This explains why my belly has gone from a basketball shape to more of a watermelon and why I have been feeling as though she might make a sudden appearance at any moment. Dropping is a totally normal thing to have happen - but typically it happens a few weeks or days before birth - not two months early. The midwife gave me a fetal fibronectin test and the results were thankfully negative which means that I am not likely to go into labor this week or next.

I am 32 weeks pregnant and we really want her to wait to arrive sometime after the 36 week mark... so this means that I am on semi-bed rest for the next four weeks. It is a very odd thing to suddenly have to be in bed all the time and not able to do all the things that you are used to doing. Will has been wonderful, quickly taking over my usual tasks like grocery shopping, cooking, bathing Jacob etc. Starting next week I will be working from home using a laptop. I am not on official medical leave from work, which is a blessing because I would rather use up my maternity leave after she is here than before. Besides, working will keep me busy and help the time to go by more quickly. I do have before and after pictures of the nursery to post but for now I'd better head back to bed before Will gets on to me. He's very strict!

No comments:


View My Stats