Monday, July 16, 2007

Looking back on Jacob's birth...

On Saturday, Sharon Tilotta from First Birth Ministries came out to the house to give us our alumni refresher birthing class. It was so good to see her and following her visit I can honestly say I feel "refreshed" both spiritually and in our knowledge.

Sharon gave us both some much needed encouragement. Truthfully, it has been really difficult for me to rest and stay lying down all the time. I hadn't fully realized what a control freak I am! Even though it is for such a short period of time, I still have struggled with this greatly. I feel better heading into this new week with an improved attitude and a renewed commitment. Will reminded me that there was a very tiny baby person that needs me most of all right now.

We spoke for awhile about Jacob's birth as she asked us each to recall positives and negatives. In the course of the conversation I was able to work through some of the things that I was feeling scared about and to replace that fear with prayer and preparation. Following all this reminiscing on Jacob's birth I decided it would be good to go through some of our photographs from that time. Will, Shaun & Lady - Summer 2004 "...You've never been this way before" Joshua 3:4





September 12, 2004

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed" Proverbs 11:25

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ" Galatians 6:2

"A gentle answers turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger" Proverbs 15:1

"Shall I bring you to the point of birth and not give delivery?..." Isaiah 66:9
"Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach" Deuteronomy 30:11
"Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28
"For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not: I will help thee." Isaiah 41:13





"...you did awesome things beyond our highest expectations..." Isaiah 64:3

No comments:


View My Stats