Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Four tantrums and a wedding


OK, so is there a cheesier movie out there than Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? Probably not, but it's a great film none-the-less. There's just something reassuring about the overall notion that there's someone out there that is meant for each of us. Will and I attended a wedding this past weekend, and weddings always make us a bit sappy. Jacob was at my in-laws and so the occasion almost qualified as a date and it was a lovely wedding with good food and we were able to visit with folks we hadn't seen for a while. The bride was an Aggie and the groom was a Longhorn so of course they played both school songs - what IS it with the ATM song anyway? It is about 15 minutes long and seems to involve a lot of swaying - by comparison the Eyes of Texas is much shorter, even with the addition of the Texas Fight! chanting part at the end ... Anyways, we had a really great time.

In other news, Jacob has started a new classroom at school "Sweet 300" (yes, I can spell, it's just a cutsie day-care thing). By all accounts he is doing well, and at the end of the day he doesn't want to leave. But the beginning of the day, that's another story. He has been at this school since he was three months old and in all that time I could count on one hand the number of times he has cried or held onto my leg, etc. Until now. For the last four school days he has had a complete toddler meltdown each morning, today he begged me not to leave him in the "big big class" but to please let him go back to the "lilly (little) class". I had to pry his fingers out of my shirt and leave him in a ball on the floor. As soon as we hit the lobby I started bawling! The teacher promises me that within 2 minutes of our departure he is just fine, but it is so hard. I'm really hoping it will get better soon.


Tomorrow I have my blood glucose test at the midwives. With Jacob I flunked the first one and had to go back and do the three hour one. I'm hoping this time I will pass the first one - the stuff you have to drink is really awful, like carbonated Tang or maybe if you melted down about 700 of those pale peach colored jelly beans and had to drink it. Nasty! I've avoided sugar all day and I'm being a good girl and drinking my tea and trying to ignore the Popsicles in the freezer calling my name. It's OK, really, I like tea. In fact, I think that I maybe have a thing when it comes to tea. I was sort of noticing lately that I really do have a lot of tea in my cabinet. Here's what's in there: Cran-Aide, Female Toner (don't ask), Throat Coat, Everyday Detox (This is for my liver), Pregnancy Tea, Echinacea, Madagascar Vanilla. General Foods International Chai Latte (so I can celebrate the moments of my life), Sugar Plum Spice, Tummy Mint, Ginseng, Peppermint, Mandarin Orange Spice, Peach Apricot Honey Bush, Travelers Tea, Hill Country Fare Family Size Iced Tea Bags and Mood Mender. I'm not sure that all this tea is really necessary, I think I just like having choices.

It's after 9 and I'm turning into a pumpkin! For some reason by the end of the day my belly is gigantic, the midwife says it is just fluid retention (perhaps from all the tea?) but it leaves me feeling large, not-in-charge and sleepy, so I'm off to bed...zzzzzz...zzzzzzz.

2 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I would have to say you definitely make me laugh! Sounds like with all those tea options you should have some company. I'll be popping by soon, hehe :-)

The Pences said...

If you still haven't gotten the time stamp correct, here's how to do it: you have to go into settings in your dashboard and change the time zone you're in. We are the "UTC- 07:00 Central Daylight Time." This worked for me, hope it works for you!


View My Stats