Friday, June 1, 2007

Finding Nemo...

I tell you, it has been a really long week, the jet lag has been terrible and I find myself completely wiped out tonight. I am officially entering my third trimester and so I know the energy and glow of the second trimester will begin to fade. Tonight we just stayed in and watched a movie. Suddenly, tragedy struck.... About 15 minutes before the end, the sound on our copy of Finding Nemo gave out. Despite Jacob's ardent requests to "Get the demote and FIX IT Daddy!", I think our copy has had it. This movie has been watched and watched and watched. I think all of us know every line by heart, I imagine that our daughter's first words will be "Shark Bait Ooh Hah hah" just because of the number if times she's heard the movie from the womb. I can't tell you how much my son loves this movie. In addition to the countless times we have watched it at home, it has also been viewed in Conroe, Austin, Galveston, in the car, on an airplane, in the homes of a number of our friends, it has even been watched in Paris, France. Even as I type this, I can hardly keep my eyes open. It gets harder to find a comfortable position at night, and previously simple things like getting Jacob out of the tub (heck - getting myself out of the tub for that matter) are beginning to be a challenge. I am hot, uncomfortable and grouchy and I have three more months to go! As I start to slow down I know I'll need to remember Dory's advice myself, just keep swimming, just keep swimming......

4 comments:

The Pences said...

Yea!! I love your blog. You sound like you when you write. :)

The Beasley's said...

I'm so very excited for another blog to read :-) From reading your first post, I would much rather read about your life then listen to the news! I promise not to say anything about a dirty toilet you may have, ha! Great pictures of Paris..glad you guys had a great time! OH--and baby Fisher's bedding is adorable!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Another family coming over to the dark side. hee hee :-) Kidding. So glad we can get updates now. No worries - I am not going to pressure you into keeping us informed too much, at least for now. Great pics of the trip. By the way, you look great!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Oh, and soo sad to hear about poor Finding Nemo. Did you go out and get a new copy yet?


View My Stats