Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Musings...

Just for kicks I decided I would measure my waist tonight. We are up to 41 inches and still have 9 weeks to go! So, on Sunday I was getting changed to take Jacob out to his kiddie pool and he came wandering in and after a moment of observation he said to me in this very mournful voice "You losted your belly button, Mama?" and all I could do was respond gravely- "Yes, Jacob, I losted it."

On a totally unrelated note, I was surfing the web and came across a really cool quote and thought I would share it: "I am a man, and men are animals who tell stories. This is a gift from God, who spoke our species into being, but left the end of our story untold. That mystery is troubling to us. How could it be otherwise? Without the final part, we think, how are we to make sense of all that went before: which is to say, our lives?So we make stories of our own, in fevered and envious imitation of our Maker, hoping that we'll tell, by chance, what God left untold. And finishing our tale, come to understand why we were born." - Clive Barker.

No comments:


View My Stats