Sunday, June 17, 2007

Shocked and amazed...




Some things in life you just can't imagine would happen until they actually do. For instance, when the the electrical design was laid out for our home, I'm fairly sure that no one anticipated that a small boy seated precariously on the toilet in the master WC could possibly "lose control" and spray a perfect arc of urine across the room and directly into an electrical outlet, thereby causing the outlet to buzz ominously for several seconds and then make a loud popping sound. After I got over being scared and upset, this whole thing sort of gave me the giggles. Will pointed out that Jacob could have been shocked and for some reason the only reply I had was "Oh, man, that really would have set us back on the potty training!" Everyone was just fine and the outlet was a GFC one, so it is fine too. The only lasting damage was to poor Dr. Sears - I had a copy of The Pregnancy Book and am sad to report that, due to the above incident, Chapters 9 and 10 were completely soaked and the book has been retired. I'm a bit put out, since I really do need to refresh myself on Months 8 and 9, as well as the chapters on child birth itself, breastfeeding etc. So, if anyone has a copy of this book I can borrow for a few months, please let me know!
In other news, we went to Austin this weekend to see Mom's new house and help with some painting. We were very lucky to get to visit with my own grandparents (Mammy & Grandad) and My Aunt Shirley and Uncle Lyle, in addition to Mom and Randy. Plus we saw Will's brother Robert and his wife Leigh and then on Sunday we went to Trudy's (fantastic Mexican food) for breakfast with my Dad and my brother Paul. On the way home this afternoon we stopped in Conroe for a few hours to visit Will's folks. What a whirlwind but we had a great time!

No comments:


View My Stats