Sunday, June 24, 2007

Showers of Blessings...

What a great weekend we have had!

It began on Friday when we picked up Jacob from his school to learn the excellent news that he was "accident" free ALL DAY! This is a major accomplishment and we are so proud! It was our first evening in a while where Jacob did not leave school with a pile of laundry and gave us some much needed encouragement on the potty training front.
The major great thing that happened this weekend was my baby shower. I spent a great deal of time in my youth being either a nerd or somewhat of a social butterfly. In high school I read books, studied hard and dated. In college I read more books, studied even harder and.. well, dated. End result, I still love to read, I have a decent job and I'm married to an awesome guy. The other result, though, is that I've never really had a close circle of girl friends before. I was just never a girly-girl kind of girl! Well, I'm still not so much of a girly-girl but I'm definitely a Mommy-Mom and I'm really blessed to have a circle of women in my life now.
Wow, that was a really long-winded introduction to say that my girlfriends from our home bible study group threw me the best shower EVER, not only was there great food, and decorations and an abundance of really thoughtful gifts, but it was a scrap booking surprise party! Each lady made pages for a scrapbook for the new baby so it is all set and ready to go! AND they gave me a set of all kinds of supplies and doo-hickies for scrap booking so I never have to feel guilty again about having piles of pictures and mementos in an old box in my closet! It was all so nice that I actually cried on the way home! I was just overwhelmed by how thoughtful everyone was (silly pregnancy hormones!!!) I will post up some pictures in the next day or two but for now I am way too tired to do much more than head off to bed with a grateful heart!

3 comments:

The Beasley's said...

It was a wonderful shower! I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much. :-) HOORAY for scrapbooks that are mostly done to where you only need to add pictures--I know I LOVE mine, too!

The Pences said...

We had so much fun on Saturday! Not that you need any more things to do, but if you get your pictures uploaded to your computer and think about it, can you email me a picture of all of us around the table? Yea for cute baby girl stuff!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

The shower was so much fun and I am glad you had such a great time. I am also happy that we were able to help you get started on your scrapbook and that you got lots of pretty pink things. Showers are soo much fun!


View My Stats