Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dinner (In the Making)

I am attempting to make a crockpot version of macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight. I have no idea how it will turn out yet, but here is what has gone into the pot (which I sprayed with cooking spray):

4 cups slightly cooked Barilla Plus Multigrain Pasta
13 oz. can skim evaporated milk
1/2 cup light cream
1/4 cup egg beaters
2 cups cheddar cheese
1/2 onion finely grated
1 T butter (chopped up and dotted around)
1/4 t black pepper
1/2 t salt
1/2 t dry mustard

I am mixing together my standard "light" version of mac and cheese combined with another low fat crockpot version, combined with the full fat version from HillbillyHousewife.com. which is a long way of saying I really have no clue how it will turn out.  We'll see how it goes. It will cook on high for 2.5 hours, with stirring every 30 minutes. Personally, the stirring part bugs me because I think the whole point of the crock pot should be not having to stir! However, since I'm home today I thought I  would try it the stirring way first and then I'll be able to tell if I think it would be fine to cook on it's own another time. 
I will keep you posted. (I know you are on the edge of your seat!)

No comments:


View My Stats